Sunday, September 10, 2006

Finally Got a Home Theater System to go with the HDTV!

Well guys...It's about time I finally shelled out enough money to get a wireless home theater speaker system. To start out with, in case you guys didn't already know...I bought a 48" LCD HDTV (projection screen...not a flat) to go in the livingroom along with the XBOX 360 as my main focus peice which I use as a DVD player and MP3 player as well. I also have the DVR box with absolutely all the channels that are available (remember, I work for the cable company as a deployment engineer so it's free!). With all that, something was definitely missing and I didn't even think it was that much of a big deal. I thought the sound would be better with a home theater system, BUT NOT THIS GOOD! If you are serious about movies or video games and you already have that big screen or HDTV, go ahead and spend $300+ to get yourself a nice sound system with subwoofer. You will absolutely get lost in your entertainment experience. It makes everything so much better. This is the model I just purchased:

RCA RTD218 500-Watt Home Theater System




Channels 5.1
Speakers Configuration Frequency Response: 20 Hz ~ 20 Khz
Digital Surround (DTS)
Surround Sound
Speaker Size Setting
Nightmode
Test Tone Signal
Electronic Treble Control
Electronic Bass Control
Volume Control: Rotary
Speakers Power Rating Total Watts / THD 10%: 500W @ 6 Ohms, 10%
Main Left / Right Output Power: 2 x 75W
Center Output Power: 125W
Left / Right Rear Output Power: 2 x 50W
Subwoofer Output Power: 125W
FM/AM Tuner Stereo Tuner: Digital AM/FM
Preset Stations: 40
Input Audio In: 2
Output Video Out:1
Main Speakers: Clip
Surround Speakers: Clip
Stereo Headphone Jack: 3.5 mm
Component Video Out: 1
S-Video Out: 1
I had to purchase a wireless system because I did not want to run wires across the floor or ceiling to get the rear speakers to work. This system works flawless and nothing interferes with the signal at all. I am very satisfied with this product. It seems that a 500watt system is MORE than enough for the space I am in and it really rumbles. A similar sized system would probably do most people justice unless you live in a mansion...Watching movies and rockin the games are a totally different and WAAAAAYYY better experience...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home