Sunday, March 05, 2006

I am Eating My Words on This One!!!




Last night I watched a boxing match of two undefeated super-middle weight champions. Both of them had a world championship belt. This was a title unification bout between Jeff Lacy and Joe Calzaghe. Jeff lacy was the guy from the US and was undefeated with a 20-0 record before the fight. Joe Calzaghe was the world champion from Whales also undefeated with a record of 40-0. The fight was on Joe Calzaghe's turf. But I thought for sure that Jeff Lacy was going to beat this guy easily! I saw Jeff Lacy make 2 of his previous opponents look like trash! I mean, it wasn't even a contest for him!
Joe Calzaghe kicked Jeff Lacy's ASS! I mean, systematically and clinically beat the living piss out of Jeff Lacy from round 1 all the way to round 12! It is amazing that Jeff Lacy was only down in the 12th round. He was beaten to every punch and needed immediate stitches to both eyes after the fight and couldn't even appear at the post-fight presser! He Literally got whooped every round! He was bleeding from both eyes and his nose badly by round 4. Blood flying everywhere. I couldn't believe it! A total dismantling!

I predicted an easy win for Jeff Lacy and wouldhave bet all my fortunes on it even! But now I am eating my words and really giving it up to Joe Calzaghe. He showed me how great of a warrior he really is and I have to respect him. I left the fight being a true Joe Calzaghe fan! This guy is crazy. I don't think anyone wants to fight him now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home